Leave us a comment
Take advantage of our Art Sale going on now – 20% off all in-store and special order artwork and mirrors. These are a few favorites and new pieces that we have in the store -
Layer your artwork with branches and a lamp.
Framed Horse Print – $575
Darling, I Love You – $437 each
Perfect in a boys room, these lizard and snake wall hooks are great even as artwork!Lizard and Snake Wall Hooks – $40 & $87 each
Framed Sketches – $350 & $373.50
Brighten up a mud room or girl’s bedroom with these pretty Sugarboo pieces.Yellow Flower – $500
Black Bird – $500
Flora of the British Isles Book – $987
Remember When You Go Into the World – $350
Lean a small piece of art with accessories – This would be so pretty layered in front of a larger piece of art.Original piece by Chelsea James – $500
Warm Memories – $1,575
Layer your entry mirror with a small piece of art on an easel.Beetles – $625
Leave us a comment
We just got in a huge shipment of kantha blankets and pillows. Each is one-of-a-kind – so many different patterns and colors. They are the perfect addition to brighten up your sofa for Spring.
Coverlets – $172.50 each
Pillows – $61 each
And we couldn’t resist sharing these charming patterned pots. Perfect on a patio with your favorite herbs or lovely for the indoors with a potted fiddle leaf fig!
Patterned pots – $45 each
The last layer of a home is what gives people the most joy in my opinion. It is the life stories, the collected art, the family heirlooms and cherished memories you have held onto that give your home soul and conviction!
Recently we were invited to implement this imperative layer into a home that was almost there! The homeowner and designer did a wonderful job with the shell of the home and what a pleasure it was to help them take it to the finishline. Each visit was filled with more pictures, art and records to be framed. It takes decades to really curate a home and this client has held onto the most beautiful chotskys that we were able to pull from! Below are just a few of my favorites from these heart filled installs-Enjoy!
Choosing artwork for your home is a very personal thing. Each piece of artwork in your home should mean something to you – whether it reminds you of a special memory or it just speaks to your soul. You will be living with this piece, so you should love it! Once you find that special piece it is always a question of how high to hang it.
1. Hang the art with the center at eye level. 57″-60″ from the floor to the center of the art is a good overall rule. It will change a little if the artwork is hanging above a console or with another piece or over a bed.
2. Keep about 1 1/2″ – 2″ between stacked art. It looks better to keep stacked art closer together. Initial instinct may be to spread it out over the wall. Don’t be afraid to hang your lowest piece lower. It’s ok if it isn’t seen at eye level. When you step back it will have a bigger impact if you are stacking several pieces or two large pieces.
3. In general, hang the artwork no higher than 6 inches above a bed or fireplace. And when in doubt, hang it lower than you would think!
4. When creating a gallery wall, start from the center and work your way out. Remember, it doesn’t have to be perfectly symmetrical. Think of it as a collection. Just make sure it feels balanced on both sides.
5. Keep it symmetrical with a simple grouping. When there are just a few in the grouping, set them up so that they are symmetrical with the largest size in the center.
6. Layer your art. Don’t be afraid to try something new. If you love an art piece that is slightly to large to go over a bed or above your console, layer it and float the piece of furniture.
7. Lean artwork. If you have a large piece or even a small piece it is an easy casual look.
Spring is the perfect time to give your walls a new look. After that fresh coat of paint, pick out a few new pieces of art. The whole room will look different! Take advantage of our Art Sale going on now! 20% off all in-store and special order artwork and mirrors. Here are a few of our favorite new pieces we have in stock. If you don’t see what you are looking for stop by or give us a call and we can help you find that perfect piece!
30″W x 40″H - $773.75
40″W x 60″H - $690
38″W x 27″H - $647.50
From left to right
29.5″W x 34.5″H - $550 | 41.5″W x 49.5″H – $937.50 | 23.5″W x 23.5″H – $350 | 24.5″W x 28.5″H – $400
45″W x 60″H – $799.50
61.75″W x 55.75″H – $1,400
30.75″W x 34.75″H – $387.50
Remember our gracious client that let us design a cozy retreat for her guests? Well – Ta Da – here is the final reveal! Our client couldn’t be more pleased and neither could her guests! (Which by the way, haven’t stopped visiting – we may have made this room a little too inviting!) This guest bedroom is all about comfort. We filled the room with luxurious linens, plush pillows, functional storage, loads of seating and whimsical artwork to create a cozy retreat fit for a Queen (and her baby)! This cocoon of beautiful details will make anyone want to stay in bed all day!
[photos by Meikel Reece]
There are so many inspiring colors and textures during Fashion Week – We can’t help but be inspired!
The bright colors of this Oscar de la Renta dress are a perfect match for Miles Redd’s famous red living room.
Love this happy Kate Spade outfit! Every room needs a bright ray of sunshine.
This Tory Burch dress and coat are elegant. The geometric pattern on silk make the most stunning drapes in Lauren Santo Domingo’s Paris Duplex.
[all Fashion Week Photos from Elle, Room 1, Room 2, Room 3]
Leave us a comment
Does your room need a little refreshing after these long winter months? The Zondra Chairs are the perfect punch of color to brighten your room! We have two in the store right now – make sure to stop by and see them! $1,050 each.