Your bedroom is your retreat from the world. It should reflect who you are and the things that you love. While spring cleaning and giving the house a facelift, make sure to include your bedroom in that as well. Here are a few easy tips to freshen up your bedroom.
1. Use a colorful throw – Place it at the foot of your bed or drape it on a chaise or bench in the room for a pop of color. Choose a lightweight throw for the spring and summer to use in those chilly air conditioned rooms.
2. Add some pattern – Pretty patterned throw pillows on your bed or on the bench at the foot of your bed are an easy way to freshen up your room. Pick pillows with a lighter weight fabric, like a linen, to really make the room feel like spring.
4. Dress up your nightstand – Keep it simple with some new nightstand accessories. A new photo frame or tray for your jewelry may not be something that everyone will notice but it’s something fresh for you, and your bedroom is your retreat.
1. pillow – $250 // 2. tassel lamp – $662.50 // 3. footed bowl – $60 // 4. photo frame – $105 // 5. throw – $100 // 6. photo frame – $225 // 7. pillow – $225 // 8. pillow – $350
4. Adorn your walls – A new piece above your mantle or above your sofa will freshen up your room. Pick a piece with meaning, a piece that speaks to you. What better feeling than to walk into your room and see a beautiful piece of art.
These are a few of our favorite things for spring:
1. pillow – $440 // 2. peonies – $272.50 // 3. pillow – $130 // 4. peonies and snowballs – $687.50 // 5. peonies in blue pot – $617.50 // 6. kathryn m. ireland’s timeless interiors – $40 // 7. artwork – $799.50 // 8. pillow – $240 // 9. stripes book – $50 //10. geode artwork – $466.50 each
After the dreary winter months of over there are talks of what to plant in the garden, Spring cleaning, and just sprucing up around the house. Sometimes you just need something to freshen up your space, and what better place to do it than the first room you see when you walk through the door – your entry. You don’t need to go out and buy all new furniture and repaint to give the space an updated look. Here are a few ideas to give your entry a Spring facelift.
1. Add pattern- Choose something that will be durable. This will be the spot that gets the most traffic in your home. Something with a pattern will be fresh for Spring.
2. Mirror above your console- Adding a mirror with an opinion will give your entry personality and flair. It doesn’t have to be loud, a frame in a neutral color and a great shape will make a statement.
3. Bring the outdoors in - A vase of blooming branches will bring life into your entry. These can be real branches trimmed from your cherry tree or picked up from your local florist. For a long-lasting look, use a few of our fake branches.
Here are a few of our favorite pieces:
Stop by and let us help you find the perfect refresher pieces for your entry!
Dear beautiful online readers,
If I could give you one tip, one bit of advice about designing a room, it would be this…..pick your rug first! Why, you ask? Because it is the biggest player in a space! Once you pick your rug, be it loud, quiet, colorful, or muted, you’ve dictated what energy the room will have. The rug is like the border of a puzzle; once you have the border completed, the rest of the jigsaw is soooo much easier! Once you’ve got this base layer you can start to throw fabrics and finishes on top to see what gels!
Below are two very different homes we’ve designed and as you can see, the rugs are everything!
Private Residence – St. George, Utah
Your rug will be the largest piece of art you’ll ever buy and art, my friends tells a lot about a person….
The Artist Select Minerals by Form and Pheromone are some of our favorite pieces here at Alice Lane. These minerals and crystals are hand selected and each is unique in color and composition making each framed piece truly exquisite.
As part of our art sale, these crystals are 20% off until March 27th and we’re expecting a fresh shipment any day. Feel free to stop by or email us for more information!
[photo 2 & 3 by Nicole Hill Gerulat]
Remember the homes we were working on last month in the St. George Parade of Homes. You can see our posts about this home, the Ferrara at Brookhaven Fields, here, here, and here. We were able to have one of our favorite photographer’s, Nicole Gerulat, come down and shoot each home. Some of you may have stopped by and seen it but for everyone who wasn’t able to make it to St. George, here it is… the finished product!
[photos by Nicole Hill Gerulat]