Last year Pantone named Tangerine Tango, a reddish orange, Color of the Year, and throughout the year it popped up all over the place – in all of the J.Crew ads, on the upholstery of our favorite new chair. With this in mind, how could you not be excited to know which direction fashion, interiors, design would head this year…
And this year’s Pantone Color of the Year is… Emerald! In all of it’s lovely jewel-toned glory, this luxurious and sophisticated color will bring a sense of renewal, rejuvenation and clarity. Emerald will translate easily in both fashion and home interiors. Make a statement with an emerald velvet sofa or add it in with a more subtle approach – bit by bit with a lamp, pillow, or in your artwork.
1. Emerald Pouf – $237.50
2. Roma Table Lamp – $247.50
3. Damselfly Artwork 24″ x 30″ – $1,675
4. Emerald Chevron Pillow – $237.50
5. Conde Nast Artwork 37.5″ x 45.5″ - $800
I’m obsessed with Kelly Wearstler! From her clothing line to her fabrics and home accessories, she has created a vibrant and inspiring collection. I love her mix of natural materials, graphic patterns and unique colors!
Good news! We carry her fabrics now!!! And oh, how gorgeous!
Don’t forget about Nicole’s Classes book signing PARTY – happening tomorrow night, here at Alice Lane from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. We will be offering 20% off any in -store purchase that night!
We’re obsessed with linen bedding! We indulge in our white Libeco sheets and can’t tell you how perfect they are – they will make you feel like a queen! We visited their showroom last Market and got to see all of their beautiful products right from the mother ship! Belgium! This Market they introduced some colored striped bedding – quilted and bright – that was just divine.
And this month they’ve made it onto Elle Decor’s “What’s Hot!” list.
Leave us a comment
1. Valentine’s Day – “I love that there is a holiday dedicated to showing love to others – from my kids’ valentines to the chick flicks. I think its a good excuse to tell someone you love them. (It doesn’t have to be romantic) just admirable! I admire so many great men and women in my life! And I secretly hope my husband will do something unexpected without too much prompting.” – Jessica
2. Hot Chocolate – ” I love the cold weather outside so I can grab a blanket and hot chocolate and snuggle up to my hubby.” – Jen
3. Leap Year – “It only comes every four years! What’s not to love!” – Holly
4. Pink! – Valentine’s Day and Pink! The perfect of all combinations
5. Candy Hearts – Just a little bit of elementary school love nostalgia.
6. Chocolates – It’s the month to indulge in something rich and decadent.
7. Fresh Flowers – “I love fresh flowers in the dead of winter! Such a luxury!!” – Jessica
8. Bubble Baths & Candles – Nothing like warming up and relaxing on a cold winter’s evening with a delicious smelling candle and a good read.
9. Love – Everyone has love in their life. Let the ones you admire and love know that you think they are great this month!
[photos: 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9]
We just got another Market shipment in! Artwork, pillows and more! And this line tugs at our heartstrings. The sayings and the handmade feel of the items are just so sweet.
Zinc Hearts to fill your favorite bowl and write your favorite sayings on – $8.80 each
Pillows – Stitched and handblocked – $132 each
Notecards – Funny and sweet for your favorite person – $2.50
Artwork for everyone – $66 – $600.
A perfect gift to share with the one you love the most. Stop by and see them in person!
The new pillows have arrived!!!! Traditional Indian blockprinting is used for these pillows, creating beautiful geometric patterns. With saturated, natural colors and whipstiching around the edges, these pillows are interesting and unique.
$110 – $202
We are excited to announce our latest market find!
Adam and I worked like mad to get this account – and are pleased to say it’s ours! Alice Lane is the exclusive MGBW dealer for Utah.
We just received our first shipment and watched it evaporate this last month! We know you love it. We just unboxed our second round since market. Stop by and check it out!
- Style points are there! Great price! Quality! And all domestically made!
It is a broad line with tons to choose from. Great transitional styling – timeless choices. At MGBW, they are passionate about design just like we are! They have quick lead times – only four weeks to have upholstered pieces made!
These are a few of my favorites:
Beach Ball Pillows
Keaton Sofa – We’ve got it in linen!
Turner Side Table – We have this lovely in store!
Carter Leather Chair
Chester Sofa – Stop by and pet him! He’s here. Dressed in a delicious charcoal brown velvet!
Helaine Bed – So classic, you’d swear it’s Barbara Barry! Also on our floor!
Wyatt Chair – Classic mid-century, but wait till you see ours in yellow leather. It’s a happy place!
And I LOOOOVE the lamps! Candy-coated, bold, curvy shapes. What’s not to love!
Stay tuned to see more about this exciting new line.
We are so excited about one of our new bedding lines! Libeco Home offers bed linens made of Belgian linen that are luxurious and comfortable. We recently received a shipment of bed sheets in white and stone and have a sampling of duvet covers and other bed linens offered by Libeco Home.
Linen sheets are our most favorite because linen is an all-natural fabric that is hypoallergenic, antibacterial and thermo-regulating – it’s insulating in the cold and cool and breathable when it’s warm! They are extremely durable and exceptionally long-lasting. These sheets will actually get better as time goes by; they become softer, smoother and more lustrous.
One important thing to help your linen sheets last, is the way that you wash them.
- Wash your linens as soon as possible after a spill or spot.
- Do not overload the machine.
- Choose the machine setting with maximum water level.
- Use a mild soap. Avoid strong detergents, especially concentrated forms.
- Do not use detergents with optical whiteners when washing linen.
- Avoid all types of bleaches.
- Recommended temperature is a warm wash 104 degrees F as a maximum.
- Fill your tumbler with half the normal capacity in order to let the linen move freely during the drying process. Line-dry if desired.
- Do not over-dry. Use a short cycle setting as linen dries quickly.
- Use a medium temperature machine setting, and a slower tumble setting, if available.
- 100% linen can be ironed at the highest temperature with a hot steam iron.
Maybe it’s the autumn season and the rapid approach of the holidays, but here at Alice Lane we are loving gold!
Gold is a sophisticated neutral and can be used in any color scheme or style. It brings a bit of luxury and glamour and is a bold and unexpected, yet classic statement. Adding a gold lamp, mirror, side table or accessory brings a little bit of sparkle and character to a room.
Take a look at how a few gold accents have been used in a few of our favorite magazines and see what gorgeous gold items we have in the store right now!
Lamps on the left from top to bottom:
Goldberg Tall Wood Table Lamp – $525
Midas Table Lamp – $475
Side Tables above from left to right:
Sherwood Accent Table – $481
Annie Selke Atlas Square Table – $621
Oly Studio Vincent Gold Side Table – $965
Mirrors on Right from Top to Bottom:
Federal Mirror – $503
Fleur Eglornise Mirror – $1,344
[images from Lonny Magazine and Elle Decor]
We have recently picked up an exquisite line of bedding and pillows – Ankasa – created by Sachin and Babi Ahluwalia. These two have been a much sought after design team in the fashion industry, creating beautiful embroidered textiles for Vera Wang and Oscar de la Renta. Think of all of the beautiful detail put into the textiles of some of the top fashion designers and them picture it adorning your bedroom!
Here are some of the newest additions to their line:
Bonne Terre in Chrome – Cotton sateen duvet with allover crewel floral embroidery
King Duvet – $550
Queen Duvet – $550
Euro Sham – $105
Pillows from front to back:
Belgian Linen with Center Arri Band and Ikat Emroidery 15″ x 30″ – $450
Belgian Nubby Linen with all over Leather Strips 12″ x 18″ – $285
Belgian Linen with Arri Stripes and Chiffon Ikat Half Diamonds 16″ x 22″ – $300
Pillows from front to back:
Linen with Corded French Scrolls 15″x30″ – $445
Linen with 4-Side Border of Corded French Scrolls and Tulle Flowers 25″x25″ – $600
Pom Pom Euro Sham – Matelass Shame with Raised Pom-Pom Border – $130
Pillows from front to back:
Belgian Linen with Center Hand Embroidered Scrolls and Leather Border 16″x22″ – $420
Belgian Linen with LEather Strip Boarder and Hand Embroidered Border 21″x21″ – $405
Aren’t these all so beautiful? They are definitely show stoppers and we are so thrilled to carry them here at Alice Lane!